The Golf School

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Golf School
The Golf School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules

+5
The Machine
popeyedrew
Breno
destroyer dan
The Golf School
9 posters

Go down

Do you agree on the new Tour format, with the inclusion of a Cash prize pool!

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Vote_lcap80%Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 4 ]
Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Vote_lcap20%Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Empty Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules

Post  The Golf School Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:43 am

Hello All,

Just wanted to give everyone a chance to view the proposed new rules for 2012 Australian RWLDC Tour, and make some suggestions if you think it would make it more competitive or make the event better.

Please don’t be offended if we cannot act on your comments and suggestions, as we need to firstly look after the players and also make it financial viable to warrant any changes, listed here. This is a chance for you to point out anything we may have missed.

Firstly, we are scheduling 3 state events plus the Championship, with the season commencing on the 18th Feb 2012 and conclude around the end of March start of April 2012.

Two reasons for this, is firstly our Tour Director & the Event Manager (Myself & Nicole) are expecting our second child in May, and need to focus on this. Also we have spoken with all the venues and they have all asked to have the events in Daylight Savings (QLD excluded), to run the event in the evening to attract more spectators. Though it may seem a short season, it keeps the avenue open for us to run one off events leading up to the Worlds (i.e. LCQ events).

The Championship Tour will still be in effect for Opens and Seniors, with each title winner, earning themselves a spot into the RWLD Championship. We have decided to drop the bonus points for the Longest Drive of the event, but have changed the format to crown the Winners.

1. The Three events scheduled will run with the same format (Both Opens & Seniors)- with the end of day Top 6 Shootout, but with a slight change- At the start of day, at registration. Those who want to compete in the Tour Championship, (for points and the Ticket to the Worlds), will pay an entry fee of $40 (A one off fee, per event entered) on top of their set purchases, to be eligible for Tour points. The reasoning for this, is to make sure that the guys who are travelling to each tour event, and chasing points, are not losing these points to players who turn up to the one event.

2. The funds collected from the $40 entry fee will be split as follows- 50% will be pooled to the Winner on the day, the other 50% will be pooled for the Winner of the Championship. The Championship Pool will be displayed on the website, so it is in your best interest to entice more to compete to raise the pool and the profile of the sport.

3. The Tour Championship Format will run with the condensed point system listed below, with the Top 6 from the Order Of Merit (OOM) making their way to the morning of the Championship to play a Top 6 Shootout, to decide the 2012 Championship Tour Champion (Both Opens and Senior format)- and a spot into the Worlds! Note: Both Seniors and Opens will see the same format.

Once you have qualified to compete in the OOM no additional fee will be charged to compete in the FINAL on top of standard entry fee. (Note: you must be entered into the Championship Final, to be eligible for the Tour Championship).

Please note: the Top 6 shootout at the Championship FINAL- will alter slightly with the Top 2 from the O.O.M., progressing straight to the Top 4 Match Play Final, thus giving those who have been successful throughout the season, a reward for their efforts. This will mean 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th from the O.O.M, will have a 4 man shootout (Tour Final only) for 2 spots into the Match Play semi’s. Note: This is a separate event from the Championship Final.

RWLCA Order Of Merit Point System 2012.
Placing Order of Merit Points
1st 30
2nd 28
3rd 27
4th 26
5th 25
6th 24

7th 22
8th 21
9th 20
10th 19
11th 18
12th 17

13th 16
14th 16
15th 16
16th 16
17th 16
18th 16

19th-36th+ 14

Lastly,

The end of season Championship will remain the same (with no prizes given to Opens or Seniors, as they are bidding for the Worlds Spot), but we are considering one change to the Open Division Championship Final. We are looking at including the Amateur Division into the Open Final, with the Amateur’s receiving a reduced cost into the Open Championship (eliminating the separate Amateur Final), but having the best finished Amateur crowned the Amateur Champion. If it happens that an Amateur player wins the Final, they are ineligible to win the spot to the Worlds, with the spot rolling down to the best placed Open. Any Amateur who enters as an Amateur, will need to play with the equipment classed in the rules. If an Amateur wishes to use equipment outside this, they will forfeit their status and pay the Open Fee, as required, hence becoming an Open competitor from then on.

We are keen to hear from both Opens and Amateurs, if you think this could work. As the reasoning for this, is to have a much bigger field for the Championship Final. If this is put in place, the Amateur Final will no longer be run.

Guys,

Please read carefully and please comment if any is unclear, as we want all to be fair for all and have a tight competition for 2012. I would like feedback on the point system, New Tour Format, cash prize pool & the Amateur inclusion in Open Final.

Lastly please refrain from making this a topic to vent your personally issues, and if you are certain that you won’t be competing, please reserve your comments, as we want to hear from only the players who are competing and who want to grow this sport.

Please Note: The notes listed are not final.

Thank You,
Jason G.
The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

http://www.longdrive.com.au

Back to top Go down

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Empty Re: Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules

Post  destroyer dan Tue 27 Dec 2011, 5:10 am

Well guys to start I like the look of the points, it will keep things close while still rewarding players who make top 6 an then the winner also. With the dates an events does this mean we will have 4 events in about 8 weeks?
With the tickets for worlds will there be 2 for the opens?
I like the format for the top 6 for the tour.
I would like to see a couple of events later in the year (late august early September) as I do understand it is harder to hold events in winter especially while tryin to look after the new bub, but the last chance opportunity to compete for those going to worlds would be helpful.
And lastly, will entry fees and prizes be the same as last year for the state events or will they be changing.
destroyer dan
destroyer dan

Back to top Go down

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Empty Re: Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules

Post  The Golf School Tue 27 Dec 2011, 12:12 pm

Dan,

To answer your questions:

does this mean we will have 4 events in about 8 weeks?- Yes, we need to make the most of the Daylight savings, as this helps the clubs that host us.

With the tickets for worlds will there be 2 for the opens? Yes, One for Championship, One for Tour!

And lastly, will entry fees and prizes be the same as last year for the state events or will they be changing. Yes & No, Entry fees for sets in the three state events will be the same, $40 Opens & Seniors, $30 Super Seniors, Legends & Amateurs. As stated, we have ceased event prizes for Open & Seniors, as they are bidding for the big prize of the spot to the Worlds.

Also the Championship Final, the entry will be a lower than previous years as we are planning not to have the Dinner. But may change.
Thank You.
The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  destroyer dan Tue 27 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

I forgot to ask if we want to go to the last chance qualifier how many events do we have to go to here because based on last year we had to go to 4 events in aust to be able to have a go.
destroyer dan
destroyer dan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Golf School Tue 27 Dec 2011, 12:35 pm

Min: two events + Championship Final
The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  destroyer dan Wed 28 Dec 2011, 4:44 am

I have just noticed somethin with the points system for the tour say someone goes to 2 out of the 3 of the state events an wins both of them to hav a total of 60 points they can be knocked out by someone who goes to all 3 events with two 9th places and a 8th place to total 61pts. I would feel that someone who wins or comes top 2 at two of the three events would deserve a spot in the top 6 over someone who doesn't make a top 6 at all.
If this is agreed on maybe the points could be as follows:
1st-30
2nd-28
3rd-26
4th-25
5th-23
6th-22

7th-19
8th-18
9th-17
An so on from there, this would award top 6 then award top 4 from the shootout then top 2 from the matchplay just an idea I would like to hear thoughts on so please point out any pros an cons you see here
destroyer dan
destroyer dan

Back to top Go down

Post  Breno Wed 28 Dec 2011, 8:27 am

Dan has a very good point, there are some very good hitters that would not make the top 6 tour final if for some reason they could only make 2 events!

I do like the new Tour Final, this makes for an interesting Aussie Finals.
I like the option of money that would be up for grabs at each event.
I think the ponits for 7th onwards could even be a little less rewarding. I don't see any reason to have someone in the end of years Tour Final, that hasn't been in the Top 6 at least once or even twice.

I understand the reason for a shorter tour this year, and I wish Nicole all the best for a healthy pregnancy.

I hope everyone shows the LEA their support in attending all of their events, this is the only way we can make it worth their time and effort to run some more events so soon after the birth of their second child.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year. See you all in Feb!

Breno

Breno
Breno

Back to top Go down

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Empty next years tour format

Post  popeyedrew Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:57 am

I think I understand it all. It all sounds good to me , agree with other comments that 7th place and below should not be rewarded as high as proposed . other than that . Im happy with it .
Andrew Brennen (popeye)

popeyedrew

Back to top Go down

Post  The Golf School Thu 29 Dec 2011, 7:05 am

Ok,

I understand your concerns, but please keep in mind this Ticket to the Worlds is for the "Tour Champion", which means those who tour and support it, gain from it.

If you look at other sporting events from around the world, "PGA Money List" for example, those who attend the most events, finish the best (Money instead of Points) and are invited to the Fed Ex Cup, hence on a much much smaller scale, this is what we are trying to achieve.

We need, for the sake of the clubs that have invited us, to have everyone at every event, this is why I introduced this Tour in 2010/11 and remember the best 6 out of 11 event format that we had from this year, formatted to give guys the chance to be still in the running if they missed a few. This Didn't work, as most only attended the min, and hoped for the best. Remember the Guy who attended the most events this year- WON the Tour!

So for 2012 we will run a format that benefits the players who support the sport by attending all rounds.

Though in saying this we can look at altering the point score to suit a more fair outlook. We also understand that rounds maybe as close as 3 weeks apart, but we are only looking at 4-5 events max, not the 10-11 we have have previously, so players can budget their travel, to suit, and as we already have promoted the first event for 2012- It gives players 7 weeks to get ready and save if needed.18th Feb, Neangar Park VIC.

Lastly the point score needs to support a system where no player can feel safe with their postion on the leader board up until the last State round, and will need to attend all events up to the last event, to protect their Top 6 ranking, as it has done with LD Australia's previous Pinnacle Tour. The vetran players will support this, as with that tour you needed to chase every event to keep your rankings up. Remember- you are playing for a ticket to the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship, and need to do what ever it takes!

Again we appreciate all imput, and hope see that the "Rankings for the RWLCA Tour" is supported and viewed as the gauge to know who trully is the best in Australia, as they have played in the most competitive events.

Let me know if this would be more suited (proposed):

1st 30
2nd 28
3rd 27
4th 26
5th 25
6th 24

7th 22
8th 20
9th 18
10th 16
11th 14
12th 12

13th 10
14th 10
15th 10
16th 10
17th 10
18th 10

19th-36th+ - 8

The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Breno Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:07 am

I like the format, but still think 7th onwards could be lower in points.

However with only a few events this year due to a new baby, I think most will make it their priority to attend as many as possible.

Regards, Breno
Breno
Breno

Back to top Go down

Post  destroyer dan Thu 29 Dec 2011, 11:29 pm

Ok then well how far away are we from getting the dates an venues for the other events? Any chance of giving us an idea of where they might be so we can look into our travel options as early as possible?
destroyer dan
destroyer dan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Machine Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:38 am

Firstly the Fed-Ex Cup is based purely on money and some guys played 34 events to qualify and some as little as 15 so this is not a true reflection of a 4 Event season.
I do believe as Breno and Dan that the point system spread has to be greater to reward higher finishes and with so few events this year it is reasonable for more to be able to compete and that the Tour Title isn't pretty much handed to the person with the biggest bank balance as in the past.
In the Seniors there will obviously be less competitors so is there a cash pool for us as well.
As Dan asked the sooner Events are locked in and announced the sooner we can organise & arrange flights and accomodation.
In the Super Seniors at World Titles it is a buy in and straight into World Titles. Is there any qualifying for those who wish to go as for as far as I know we only have to enter via LDA ? ( Please clarify).
After Australian Titles it seems that you have implied about LCQ for further events is this the case ?

The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  The Golf School Tue 03 Jan 2012, 7:00 am

Yes- The Seniors are proposed to have a cash prize, as with the Opens. The reasoning for this is so that the players who wish to play the tour, are not having players who compete in one event, take valuable points, hence the nomination fee which 100% goes towards a cash prize pool.

I.E.- Player A, who tours and pays his nomination fee, goes to on to come second to Player B, who chooses not to buy into the Tour. This would mean Player A, would recieve 1st place Tour points and 1st place cash, and the roll on from there.

Super Senior, Legends and Masters, all divisions over 50yrs+ are buy in via the LDA, you will need to contact them directly when the buy in date is released. No Pre- Qualifying needed, straight buy in.

As with LCQ, if we decide to run one, the forum will be the first post. Again, this all depends on how popular this season is with competitors. We won't run LCQ for less than 18 competitors in Opens or 8 in Seniors.
The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  The Machine Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:28 am

I'm not sure if you have overlooked question regarding dates and venues as everyone I am sure would like to know as soon as possible so they can organise travel arrangements and hopefully be able to support these events ! Can you please respond or is it that these are not locked in as yet ? Airfares are cheap at the moment so would be great to lock in itinery.
I know that it would help me as I have 2 Weddings to attend March - April and earliest knowledge would be great.
What is age date for Super Seniors ? Do they have to be 50 before when ?

The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  stress release Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

Dates would be good.

I am getting married in March!

Money and time will be tight.

and although the machine may have my number he is not invited to my wedding. If I cant be the best looking I at least want to be the tallest one there.

more separation would be good from the top 6 to the next tier. I know the tour needs to be short this year and I am more than happy with that, but I myself feel that if i am not good enough to beat the best hear then why go there (this would be my best chance to show at every event and do well.)

stress release

Back to top Go down

Post  The Machine Tue 03 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

To Stress Release -

You don't have to worry about being best looking, it's your day, enjoy and I hope everything goes well for the two of you !
As for your number you are no longer on the same page, sorry !
Congratulations on getting married ,what date in March ?

The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  The Golf School Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:44 am

18th Feb 2012 Neangar Park, VIC 1st Round, is the only confirmed Date.

As soon as the proposed venues confirm the date and time with us, we will post them the same day on the forum and the website.

We are currently now planning the Championship Final a couple of weeks after Easter, Stay Tuned!
The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

Back to top Go down

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Empty 2012 Season

Post  The Skipper Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

I notice that you are only talking about Amateur, Open and Seniors competing. Will there be Legends or Super Seniors this year. Also where is Neangar Park in Victoria my gps does not recognise it, Nearest large town would help.

The Skipper

Back to top Go down

Post  destroyer dan Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:21 pm

It's in bendigo mate
destroyer dan
destroyer dan

Back to top Go down

Post  The Golf School Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:07 pm

Skipper,

Still retaining the Five Divisions:

1. Opens

2. Seniors- 45yrs+

3. Super Seniors 50yrs+

4. Legends 60 yrs+

5. Amateur- Restricted to 8 Degrees+, 48 LEA limit.

All Age restricted limits must be this age by the 15th October 2012. This is the rules to when the Worlds Start (Buy In Divisions).

The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Bomma Mon 09 Jan 2012, 11:37 pm

All sounds good to me - looking forward to it!
Da Bomma
Da Bomma

http://www.dabomma.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Golf School Sun 15 Jan 2012, 11:51 am

2012 RWLCA Rules and How to Compete

2012 State Events

Round 1- 18th February- Neangar Park VIC. 2pm- 7pm.

Round 2- 31st March- Richmond GC, NSW. 2pm- 7pm.

Round 3- 14th April- Gold Creek CC, ACT. 12:30pm- 5pm.

Championship Final- 28th & 29th April, South West Rocks CC. NSW. 9am-4pm.

The Australian RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship is powered by Longdrive Events Australia (LEA) and is Open to all comers - Pros and Amateurs alike.

•All competitors must fill out an official entry form and pay their entry fee prior to competing.
•As competitors register, their name will be added to the Official Score sheet and this will determine the hitting order for the day.
•Entry Fee
$40 Opens/ Seniors,
$30 Super Seniors, Legends & Amateurs (per set of six balls)
•If a competitor wishes to hit again, they may register for additional tries as time permits and pay the appropriate entry fee, their name will then be added to the Official score sheet.
•Competition grid will be approximately 40 metres wide and will begin at 160m.
•Dress code- must adhere to host golf club rules.

2012 OFFICIAL RULES:

DIVISIONS

•Open - No age restrictions
(Anyone under the age of 18 must have parent or guardian consent to compete)
•Senior (45 yrs+) - DOB on or before the 15/10/2012.
•Super Seniors (50 yrs +) - DOB on or before the 15/10/2012.
•Legends (60 yrs+) - DOB on or before the 15/10/2012.
•Amateur - No age restriction, all golf clubs must not exceed the LEA 48" total club length rule (ref pic 1). Loft is also restricted to 8 degrees minimum loft*
•Juniors & Women competitors are welcome and can compete in any division, which doesn’t restrict competitor’s age.
*Amateur Competitors who wish to step up to the other divisions, do so at the condition that they will not be able to compete in the Amateur division again. (Amateurs, who compete in the Championship Final as Amateurs, will not lose their status).

General Rules for All LEA Sanctioned Events

•Only those clubs on the USGA Approved Conforming Club list are eligible for competition. Clubs must not appear on the USGA non-conforming list.
•All golf clubs (Open, Senior , Super Senior & Legends Divisions) must measure 50 inches or less, LEA measured (vertically at a 90 degree angle).
•Amateur Division: Club heads must be 8 degrees of loft or higher. Maximum length is 48 inches LEA measured.
•Only golf drivers are allowed to be used in sanctioned RWLCA events.
•Competitors have 2:45 minutes to complete their set of six balls.
•All RWLCA events will be a Dual Tee format (Two Competitors hitting simultaneously).
•All competitors will hit the provided official golf ball brand of the LEA, the SHARK Golf "Ferocious Distance LD".
Tees must NOT be longer than 4 inches in length and must be approved by the USGA.
•USGA rules apply for the teeing ground, tee and intent to strike.
•A qualified drive must be a minimum of 200 metres for the Open Division and 160 metres for the Senior, Super Senior, Legends & Amateur Division and is measured from the tee line to the farthest point of the golf ball.
•Proper golf etiquette is required during all levels of the competition. At no time will disorderly conduct, abusive language, intoxication, possession of firearms, and/or possession or use of an illegal substance be tolerated. Violations of this rule shall be cause for immediate expulsion from the event and forfeiture of all monies paid.
•All disorderly conducts and violations to the etiquette rule will result in a meeting with the Tour Director, to decide which appropriate action will be taken. Second offense will result in a Two-event suspension.
•LEA has the right to refuse service to anyone

Longdriver Tip #1: Check your club length and specs on this website before the event, as all clubs will be inspected/certified and marked to allow for a fair competition. A delay or refusal to use the banned clubs may ruin your day, and we don't want that!

The Championship Final
•You are now one step away from qualifying for the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship Final (held in Mesquite Nevada, USA, and a chance at claiming the title‚ (Open Division).
•5 Titles will be decided at the Championship, with Opens Men’s Champion will earn a Ticket to the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship (winning recipient to pay for their own travel and lodging, to and from the event).
•Championship Final, requires no pre qualification. (2012 only).
•International Competitors welcome.
•*Winning recipient of the ticket into the RWLDC (Open Men) must have competed in a minimum of two State events in 2012 prior to the Championship Final, to be eligible to win the ticket. If Championship Winner in Open Men’s, has not competed in the minimum 2 events or is an Amateur- The ticket will roll down to the next eligible competitor.
•Competitors must be pre-registered for the event at least three days prior to the championship and must check in on-site prior to the start time. (You will be notified prior to the date for location and time)
•Specific details for rules and Championship format will be provided in the player packet, once entry is received.
•A double elimination tournament format is used in all divisions at the Championship Final.
•All competitors are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses.
•The site director has the right to alter the format due to weather or time constraints. The site director can also change the minimum distance required.
•Dress Code for the Championship FINAL: All must wear collared golf shirt (no tank tops), golf pants or slacks (jeans or denim is not permitted). It is the responsibility of each competitor to know the dress code of the Championship Final.
•Championship Trophies & Titles will be awarded to the Top Three in Opens, Seniors, Super Seniors and Amateurs.
•Amateur competitors will play in the Open division Final, with best finishing amateur crowned the 2012 RWLCA Amateur Champion.
Championship Final Cost-

$100- Amateurs, Super Seniors & Legends, (Host Club members $80* membership card must be presented at Championship).

$150- Open Men & Senior HOFTC Competitors

$200- Open Men & Senior non Tour Competitors.

Open Men's Championship Winner will earn a spot to compete in the 2012 RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship in Mesquite, NEVADA, USA!*

*RWLDC spots are not redeemable for cash, or cannot be postponed to any other year, due to other commitments or injury. Winners must notify the LEA, within 7 days after the completion of the Championship. Winners are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses to the USA.

Longdriver Tip #2: Spots are limited on the Day, so get there 1 hour before the event starts to avoid disappointment! If you turn up half way through the event, you may not be able to register, as the day might be fully booked out!

The 2012 House Of Forged Tour Championship

In conjunction with the 2012 RWLCA Championship, Open Men & Senior competitors will also compete for the House Of Forged Tour Championship HOFTC. Where each competitor will earn order of merit points from their finishing positions at each state round.

Each State event HOFTC Open Men's and Senior competitors will have the chance to better their finishing position, with a Six-Man Shoot Out in the last hour of each State event (Tour players only).

The Top Six results from Tour competitors in each division will have a Top 6 Shootout, top 4 from the shootout will progress to a match play format and a winner will be decided from the results.

Qualifying for “The House Of Forged Tour Championship” will run over the Three State Rounds commencing at Round 1 Neangar Park GC (18/2/12), and concluding at Round 3 Gold Creek CC (14/4/12).

All players are invited to compete in the HOFTC, each round every Tour player will require to pay a nomination fee of $40au. The monies collected will be pooled and distributed as follows- 50% will go to the Round winner (Tour top 6). The remaining 50% will be pooled from all 3 rounds and presented to the HOFTC Champion- This pool will be displayed on the front page of www.longdrive.com.au

The Top 6 from the OOM after Round 3 in both Opens & Seniors will qualify for the Final. Format will run with a Top 4 shootout for ranked players 3-6 with the top 2 making it to the top 4 match play finals. The Top 2 ranked players from the OOM, will be seeded straight into the HOFTC Final top 4 match play finals- seeded at 1 and 2, competing against the top 2 from the shoot out.

The HOFTC Final is scheduled for 10am on the 29/4/2012 at South West Rocks CC. Once qualified, no extra cost will be required to play in the Final. * You must be entered into the RWLCA Championship Final, to be eligible to compete in the HOFTC Final.

Open Men's & Senior HOFTC Championship Winner will earn a spot to compete in the 2012 RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship in Mesquite, NEVADA, USA!*,#

*RWLDC spots are not redeemable for cash, or cannot be postponed to any other year, due to other commitments or injury. Winners must notify the LEA, within 7 days after the completion of the Championship. Winners are responsible for their own travel and lodging expenses to the USA.

# If the Open Men's HOFTC Championship Winner, also takes the RWLCA Championship title. The RWLDC qualifying spot will be awarded to 2nd place finisher from the Championship (With no financial gain).

HOFTC Order Of Merit Point System 2012.

Placing

Order of Merit Points

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th+

The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

Back to top Go down

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Empty Awaiting Response

Post  The Machine Mon 23 Jan 2012, 12:11 pm

Unfortunately due to the dates that were released 2 weeks ago and the criteria that you have to attend a minimum of 2 events to be able to compete in Australian Titles, I will not be competing in LEA events this year. It is unfortunate that my sons wedding and another prior commitment make it impossible to compete as there is no point turning up to an event that you are ineligible to win ! After being the first EVER Australian to get through Last Chance Qualifying I was looking forward to this years events with a new self belief and confidence. I am also perplexed by what I was told is the reason as to why there are no events in Queensland this year, something that is strange considering the majority of Longdrive competitors per capita come from Qld. I have always supported LEA events to the best of my ability, and I too like most competitors have a family as well !
Then you have to consider Jamie-Dina Wirema Sullivan and Ian from WA who both work in the Mines and if roster doesn't work then they can't compete at Aussies due to reduced events.Unfortunately forum will not let me put his surname in post.

Last edited by The Machine on Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:21 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistake)

The Machine

Back to top Go down

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Empty Something to think about

Post  Juggernaut23 Mon 23 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

Hi guys, I think the format looks okay and since I have never competed in the open division until this year I will let you guys sort out the scoring and what not.

I do take issue with the fact that there has been a shortened tour and no events in qld where the majority live? Not sure what every body else's work commitments are but I am governed by a set roster set out for the year which is equal time. Seeing that their are only 4 events in TOTAL as compared to 10 or 11 last year I find it unfair to those who live outside the host states. I also find it odd that you must attend at least 2 + the championships to even be allowed to compete in the last chance qualifiers in Nevada!! This means you must attend 75% of events. 2 events plus the champs is fair when there are 10 events but 4?? That is just plain unreasonable. Not only do I work a certain roster, I also get paid monthly which makes it extremely difficult to cover the costs of the travel arrangements in such a short amount of time. I'm not the only one who would have difficulty, I'm sure the WA contingent would have an issue with this also?

I am a huge fan of Long drive and would love to attend all events but I don't think its viable. I think if all get a certain amount of say in how the format should be run then I also think that we should have a say on how many events you have to attend to be eligible to make the last chance qualifiers in the states?

This is just my opinion and I know that this is not the place for personal issues but I feel that to grow the sport in Australia we have to eventually expand to events in every state and not be pigeon holed to attend in 2 states only.

Thanks

Jamie Sullivan (Juggernaut)

Juggernaut23

Back to top Go down

Post  Breno Tue 24 Jan 2012, 2:55 am

Hi guys,

I wish the LEA was holding more events this year as well.
I'ts unfortunate to hear that some people cant make the some or all of the events.

I've been impressed with the amount of events that the LEA has provided over the past 2 years. Better than it use to be !!

For all the newer people - Prior to 2010, the old organiser (name withheld) only had 2 events plus the Aust. Final in 09 and 08 and 07 wasn't much better. Back then, there was only a ticket to the Worlds for the Finals winner.
The LEA might be having a lean year due to a baby on the way, but still have 3 tickets to the Worlds.
Though, I understand that this doesn't help those who want to go to last chance qualifier.

I'm sure I'm not the only person to realise, that the shorter season and lack of events, means it's harder for the LEA to raise funds to cover the cost of the 3 tickets to the Worlds. I'm sure if they could run more events, they would.

If we want more events, we should try and get our own local clubs to run qualifiers, with permission from the LEA, with the results going towards the championship. It's something that they do in the states. Art Selinger doesn't run all of the events held over there, they are sub contracted. There are venues all across America, that pay Art a commission based on the days entry fees, to hold an event. Art doesn't even turn up to some! Players are the driving force behind their home club holding an event. If Iain doodle can't travel to the East Coast, there's no reason why an event can't be held in WA. If want to compete, we'll travel otherwise I'm sure Iain will win. Lol

Art wasn't going to travel all across the country, this was how Long Drive grew in America.
If we want the sport to grow, we need to look at different ways to increase events and media coverage. If that means copying the way it is run in America, then lets talk with the LEA.

I don't want to be attacked saying I'm sticking up for the LEA, cause I'm sticking up for the sport.
It just happens that the LEA is behind the wheel.

I hope I have shown a different way of thinking towards the sport.

Regards
Breno

Breno
Breno

Back to top Go down

Proposed 2012 Australian RWLDC Rules Empty Proposed 2012 Rules

Post  The Machine Tue 24 Jan 2012, 1:22 pm

If we want to grow this sport in Australia then we have to make it more accessible for Australians to get to Overseas Events, including Last Chance Qualifying ! The experience of competing in this is invaluable and something as many as possible should be able to compete in. This is not a criticism it is after 1st hand experience that I say this.If you want another opinion ask Shane Keys and Jason Atkins and see what they have to say about there time in Mesquite.
Where in Australia can you compete against the best in the World ?
Only on the World stage can you truly compare and measure yourself to see how much you have to improve to be truly competitive.
Brendan Gorman(3rd) and Brent Kearney(16th and 17th) have had the best results at the Worlds by Australians and deserve the accolades for there achievements and the rest of us need to not just be good in Australia but where it counts !
As we have seen in the past that results in Australia count for nothing in America !
I know that there is a sound reason for shorter season but surely as last year we had to compete in minimum 4 events out of 10 and and this year 2 out of 3 it doesn't compare.Some of us would gladly get to what we could if that was allowed. I have the luxury of being able to buy in at the Super Seniors this year but would much prefer to compete out here against our best in 3 divisions Opens, Seniors and Super Seniors.
There is no doubt that the LEA have been a real boost to Longdrive in this country but for it to keep growing we must take the blinkers off and move forward.

The Machine

Back to top Go down

Post  Da Bomma Wed 25 Jan 2012, 10:58 am

I am looking at going to all events, however a little annoyed that I am needing to go to all events, as per last year I missed 2 events in the year due to injury from surgery. My knee is still not right and would be disappointed on missing out on the Worlds or Last Chance Qualifier this year due to the same. This event will cost me $800-$900 all up for 1 event - I do this because I love it not because I am expected to go if I want to qualify. I will attend all and sure most will, however longdrive comes with it's toll of injuries as I have noticed and would hate to of wasted all this money spent on going to events to find out I cannot still have a chance on going to the Last chance qualifier due to an injury early in the year. I believe this part needs to be amended given there is not enough variety of events to suit everyone, with work commitments and financially people can struggle to compete in this sport without the return on investment. Some people come in during the year when they hear about the event - like Jamie and Ben did last year - If this happened this year they could not qualify for a ticket - not real fair. Have a look at it as I wish to be competing against as many people as possible. Furthermore I am a little disappointed there are no events in Qld - 1 would of been nice. Just telling you how I really feel about it - without tryin to be to negative about it - thought I would speak my mind regarding the issue. I Will see you at Bendigo, however this needs to be cleared prior to the start of the season. The Tour should be a prize for exactly that and the Championship is a different event which should have a prize for exactly that. Understand your family commitments this year, however it shouldn't be a hard line in the sand as a result. The Tour is about getting people to all events and the prize is worth most competing. Please don't take this the wrong way just as constructive feedback to help make the sport better for everyone involved.
Da Bomma
Da Bomma

http://www.dabomma.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down