The Golf School

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Golf School
The Golf School
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who knows about Monsterball?

3 posters

Go down

Who knows about Monsterball? Empty Who knows about Monsterball?

Post  longball500 Tue 06 Dec 2011, 8:58 am

Hey Guys

My names Ed and I'm a 2 marker who thinks he hits a reasonable long ball. I would love to get into long drive to see how I fare against all you guys.

I was at the PGA last week and saw the Monsterball contest. Wow, it was fantastic! I didn't know contests like this existed! Huge crowds, pumping tracks and some really impressive hitters. The guy who won (Brent somebody?) was hitting it so F'in far!, and what about that Shrek bloke! God he can crush it!! I actually enjoyed watching these guys more than the PGA pro's. I also caught a bit of it on Fox later on and it got pretty good coverage (didn't show me in the crowd though)

I noticed that a lot of the guys listed on this website were also competing at Coolum so I was after some information - as someone new to all of this how can I get into Monsterball? Do you have to qualify? I heard from one of the guys competing that they was heaps of prize money (sensational!!). How much do you get if you win? What kind of distances would I need to hit to be competitive?

Anyway, I don't know if any of the people who run Monsterball are a part of this website but if you are, congratulations on a sensational contest - I love it and I want in!

Cheers everyone

Ed.

longball500

Back to top Go down

Who knows about Monsterball? Empty Monsterball event

Post  The Executioner Tue 06 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

Yeah man, that event was awesome and the crowd was going ballistic. Was great to see some action that wasn't just boring golf and hope that there are more events like this coming. I also spoke with the dudes running the Monsterball net and they are on facebook, and have their site coming. I have heard there is an event coming up again next year as I have a mate also interested in getting into this.

The party atmosphere of this event was something golf needs and can't wait for an event like this on the Gold Coast or Brisbane.

The Executioner

Back to top Go down

Who knows about Monsterball? Empty Re: Who knows about Monsterball?

Post  The Golf School Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:10 pm

Sorry Guys,

This forum is only for RWLCA events, try google'ing Monsterball, to speak with the powers that be.

Longdrive Events Australia.
The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

http://www.longdrive.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  longball500 Tue 06 Dec 2011, 10:52 pm

Sorry mate, didn't realise. So what's the difference between your events and Monsterball? Are your events similar? What kind of prize money is up for grabs? When is your next event and how do I enter?

Ed

longball500

Back to top Go down

Post  The Golf School Tue 06 Dec 2011, 11:11 pm

Ed,

We are the only Longdrive Tour that is afflaited with the RE/MAX World Long Drive Championship- www.longdrivers.com

We offer satelite events to qualify for the World Championship where the prize pool exceeds $450,000. Our event prizes over he past two seasons have exceeded $50,000 (9 spots to the worlds + $12, 000 in cash prizes)

Stay posted on our website for the 2012 schedule, due after Xmas. To be apart of the "Most Powerful Sport in Golf"!

Cheers,
The Golf School
The Golf School
Admin

http://www.longdrive.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum